Saturday, September 24, 2005

Show-off eats Humble Pie

Friends, here is a friendly tip: If you are fit, healthy and in shape, do not, I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances show off and tell anyone that you never get sick.
If you do, you are guaranteed to fall ill within the month. I distinctly remember this happening to me 3 times in the past, the ONLY 3 times in the past 7 years I've fallen sick to a bug, and ONLY after I proudly told people that with my healthy lifestyle I never fall sick. The last time this happened was about 4 years ago.

Then one day my friend called me with this nasal twang in her voice "cobblainig aboud havig flu". Over dinner and while I was teasing her mercilessly aboud her vunny way ov talking, I superciliously announced that I NEVER got sick.

2 weeks later I had a minor bout of fever(nothing to worry about, still can function normally) but NOW I'm sneezing like a motherfucker. Seriously, I have never sneezed this much in my life. I've never had asthma(touch wood) and don't sneeze even when it's cold. Now I look at a fluorescent light and my nose decides it wants to explode repeatedly like a phlegm-filled double-barrelled blunderbuss(those old style shotguns that look like trumpets).

I get the message God. Please spare me your cosmic joke.

No comments: