Friday, November 11, 2005

This is So Wrong - Part I

I was at the gym today, doing twisting crunches on a Swiss Ball, when I overheard two apparently 'macho' dudes. I was concentrating on the burning pain of the fifteenth rep, when I suddenly overheard the word "relationship". As I twisted to the right for the 16th, I saw the resident musclehead - a chinese guy I had seen at the gym with a massive, toned upper body and an impossibly small waist and legs (damned fit in other words) - discussing his 'relationships' with, get this........ another guy. My mind went click and it felt like I was in the twilight zone. Here were two apparently hetero-looking males(but you never know since the gay ones actually are more macho) discussing touchy-feely with one another, and the musclehead actually used the word 'relationship'!

Grimacing with pain from my first set, I sat on the ball and faced away from them, pretending not to hear, but catching the musclehead go on and on about "my relationship this, my relationship that, my last relationship lasted 3 months, I have no time for relationships now...." I started to get this really icky feeling on my skin, like I had been raped by a man and needed a shower. It was tres horrible.

The word is like an extra-long four-letter word to me. I definitely didn't need to hear it used in every sentence. I mean, I barely ever use the word, even with girlfriends. Come to think of it, if I ever use the word, it means I really like the girl enough to discuss my previous romances with her(OF COURSE it's only when she gets that "ooh-I-like-him-so-much-I-have-to-know-his-carnal-history" phase that girls have. I'm not dumb enough to bring up the topic of ex-girlfriends for fun). But these guys were discussing it like it was the happiest thing in the world to do, and with another guy, no less!

maaaah-hai....

No comments: